Added Trail Option

mkadey
Administrator
I’ve done my absolute best to avoid taking any BT 700 participants on busy roads. But that is not always possible in a route this long. At the 577km mark of the route (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28798353) the ride involves a short stretch on Airport Road. This is the busiest road stretch of the BT 700 so please use caution and take the gravel shoulder for this 1km ride.

With that said, I have also included information on a possible trail detour (see the I sign at the 575 km mark of the route). It’s a much more peaceful option but the trail (Glen Haffy Side Trail) is fairly challenging with a handful of step-ups (easier on a lighter set-up and harder on someone like me who carried too much weight and with nobody around to help with a push).  Here are the route files that include this trail option for those looking for a little extra adventure: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30523906
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30523863