BT700 Route in 2 Days?

William Wang
I'm thinking of doing the route in 2-days, with the 1st day being a 450K ride, stopping over in the Blue Mountains region. Anyone else thinking of starting earlier that day (at 3-4:00 am)? I would prefer to end a 20 hour ride closer to mid-night, rather than early into the dawn on the next day.

Riding a minimal setup on a cyclocross bike and making multiple stops to refuel. Let me know if you're interested! Drop me a line: w16wang@gmail.com

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

RiotMTB
Wow!!  I'm hoping to do it in 3 days.  I will be on a 29+ bike...I think.  I don't think I'm up for 2 days.  That's some impressive!!

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

Coen
Damn 2 days I was thinking 6 or 7 lol
Rob

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

Rob
Not that I've ridden it, but a 22.5kmh average (including all stops) for 20hrs of trail seems unrealistic. I think if you want 2 days you are not stopping at midnight and ride straight on for 40 hours.

On the bright side that also means no camping gear ;)

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

Graham M
Going to do it in three days but pushing on. I would be interested in working with you on day one

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

mkadey
Administrator
Having just complete the loop it is best not to overestimate how fast you will move along the route. Plenty of rough, steep terrain.

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

RiotMTB
I was thinking more of a 15kph ave pace...

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

William Wang
Thanks for the feedback folks!!! Still figuring out this logisticly... I think I might extend it to a 3 day trip and just enjoy the scenery instead of pushing the pace this time around.

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

mkadey
Administrator
Sounds like a good plan. It's just a matter of seeing how you are feeling when you are actually out on the route. And, of course, weather can also play a factor.

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

Woodman
Just completed along with several
elite athletes (international level; Ironman etc)

Don’t under estimate how difficult this is and need
for water and fueling - not possible to carry enough for
for some stretches

2 days not even remotely realistic don’t care who you are

It is absolutely gorgeous scenery and a varied route which will
keep you engaged

Enjoy and thanks to organizer for putting this route together !!

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

mkadey
Administrator
Wow, I did not know there were fast guys out on the route last week. So glad you enjoyed it. Could you send me a personal email message as I have a few questions.

Re: BT700 Route in 2 Days?

emarchak
The Fastest Known Time for BT700 at this point is 44 hours, which is definitely under two days. Lots of folks coming in around the 50 hour mark, too.

Just 'cause it's hard doesn't mean it's impossible. Forget these haters and give it your best!