Bikepackers in GTA

kona79
Hello everyone,

I'm really looking forward to the BT700 and also to meet some fellow bikepackers in the area.  I'm in Aurora at the moment and often end up doing some overnighters in the York/Durham/King/Albion/Caledon region.  If anyone is looking for a riding partner to explore the region don't hesitate.

Cheers.

Jamie

Re: Bikepackers in GTA

Coen
Can't wait as well.  Will be my first 'bikepacking' event.  I'm in Niagara so pretty far away.  Did the Caledon rail trail last fall and it was awesome... the horseshoe valley is superb.

Re: Bikepackers in GTA

Jamie
It will be a fabulous local event where riders can hopefully make future races or bikepacking trips a reality.

See you then!

Jamie

Re: Bikepackers in GTA

allgone
Closest to the cities I'll get is around Caledon but I'll be aimlessly touring all summer.

Re: Bikepackers in GTA

Mike Nyby
Hi Kona79-

If you're interested, I'm doing an overnighter on Thurs/Fri June 6/7 with a few friends in preparation for the BT700. We'll be taking the GO train out to Pickering, riding up to Sibbald Point on Lake Simcoe via a variety of singletrack, rail trail, and gravel road. Back to Pickering the next day on a different route hitting a bunch of new trails. Let me know if you're free at that time and I'll loop you in on the email conversation.

Best-
Mike

Re: Bikepackers in GTA

Jamie
Hi Mike,

My apologies... I missed your message on the forum.  If you are planning anything else, let me know and I will be checking this forum regularly until the BT700.  It's just nice to head out with 1+N once in awhile...  I would have enjoyed the ride for sure as the east end has some great areas to explore.

IG : la_vue_du_guidon

Cheers,

Jamie