Bruce Country Trail Bypass

mkadey
Administrator
There are reports that the Bruce Country Rail Trail that runs from Mildmay to Paisley is in rough shape - very chunky gravel. It's a shame the county is prioritizing ATVs over bicycles. The trail may improve as the season goes on, but just in case I've marked three different areas where riders can take bypasses if needed.
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28398957

Re: Bruce Country Trail Bypass

Andrewspitfire
I have encountered this also. Is deviating from the route ok?

Re: Bruce Country Trail Bypass

mkadey
Administrator
Yes, no problem. I've outlined a few places where a route alternative is possible if needed on this section. No rider should feel that they need to strictly adhere to this route. I'm not marketing the  BT 700 as a race with a set course, but more of an adventure that people can make their own. But,  overall I think the route as marked is pretty awesome.

Re: Bruce Country Trail Bypass

RiotMTB
I think I will be riding my 29+ bike anyways...so should be ok.

Re: Bruce Country Trail Bypass

mkadey
Administrator
Haven just ridden this trail I can say it seems to have improved. Not as smooth as other rail trails but mostly doable. A few jarring sections will wake-up riders.