Camping the night before the race

Coen
I'm wondering if there are any camping areas close to the start.  I will be cycling to St. Jacobs from Niagara on the 13th.  Perhaps we could organize a group camp spot in a field somewhere?  Anyone know of any farmers/residents that would allow us access to a grassy spot for one night?

Re: Camping the night before the race

Gwyneth Mitchell
Check out Laurel Creek Conservation area. It's very close!

Re: Camping the night before the race

Coen
Awesome.  Will give them a call in July

Re: Camping the night before the race

mkadey
Administrator
I believe this is also an option: http://www.westmontrosecamp.com/

You could also see what your accommodation options are here: www.warmshowers.org

Re: Camping the night before the race

Coen
I'll keep those options in mind as well.  The closer to the brewery the better!

Re: Camping the night before the race

mkadey
Administrator
Keep in mind that July is a very busy time of year in this area so it's best to book any camping for the night before a good amount of time in advance.

Re: Camping the night before the race

Phil
I think I might have found a spot to camp. I'm driving up from St Catharines the day before. Give Liberty a call and they can give you my contact info if you are interested in connecting.

Phil

Re: Camping the night before the race

roberto
Laurel creek will be open, great spot and very easy to get in/out of.

I live near by, so open invite for dinner at my place for anyone camping there the night before!

Re: Camping the night before the race

Stevet
A few of us (5) are planning to camp at Laurel. We have stayed there before and it should be perfect.

Re: Camping the night before the race

mkadey
Administrator
I just posted a new thread on this forum for another camping option before the ride.

Re: Camping the night before the race

Pharmer Mark
Hi Coen.
I have a farm located 15km from the start in St. Jacobs and I am hosting out of town riders who are in need of a patch of grass to flop on before the Butter Tart and/or park a car and/or trailer. If you or who read this would like to reach out to me please contact me at storagemarkk@gmail.com.
Pharmer Mark.

Administrator
This is a great service. Thanks Pharmer Mark. And I should add that you could possibly offer a shuttle service to the start line in St. Jacob's, correct?

Re: Camping the night before the race

Coen
Thanks Mark!  I wouldn't mind the 15km warm up to the start.  I will send you an email.