St.Jacob's to Wiarton

Roger
Hello everyone,
I am considering riding from St.Jacob's to Wiarton (about 300km) before heading up to the Bruce PNational Park and meeting my family for a few days of camping. What I'd like to know is this:
1. From St.Jacob's to Wiarton, what kind of riding should I expect? Uphill? Terrain? - I'm assuming most of the rugged and more challenging riding is post Wiarton?
2. I have a Kona Jake cyclocross - will this do?

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Roger

Re: St.Jacob's to Wiarton

mkadey
Administrator
If you are following the BT route up to Wiarton there are only a small handful rougher sections and not too many hills. I think your bike choice should be OK for this leg of the route.

Re: St.Jacob's to Wiarton

roberto
There are actually not a lot of options north of Wiarton, but the highway isn't that bad if/when you need to use it (to get to the park you technically would need to be on it eventually). And its hardly rugged, its quite lovely actually and Jake would do well.

Re: St.Jacob's to Wiarton

Roger
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Also, I'm wondering where I can leave my car in St.Jacob's for a week? What have other people done?
Roger