Tire choice

Dusty
Hi - I’m thinking of riding the bt700 over 5 days or so (taking an extra long thanksgiving weekend) and wondering about tire choice. Weather forecast looks good right now, but presumably it will rain at some point while I’m out there.

I did the GNR on 700x38 in Sept and that was about right. I’m riding a Specialized Diverge gravel bike and I’m comfortable with single track and techy stuff

Thanks!

Re: Tire choice

mkadey
Administrator
Yep, could be some pretty good conditions out there. There are definitely a handful of sections where at 700x38 is going to be a challenge. Some of the unmtaintained roads/forest paths are rougher than what you came across on the GNR. However, there are a number of riders who have gotten through on the route with that wheel/tire set-up. But if you can get more rubber go for that option. If you have any questions about the route you can use the contact page on the website to ask.