What about bears ??

Abby4000
Hello all
I am planning on my first bike packing trip on the grand depart this June. Last time i slept in a tent I was a teenager ( long time ago). What if anything is the proper protocol for having food in a campsite . I am planning to tent along the route and not sure what to do with all my packed food during the night . Any suggestions would be great.
Thank you

Re: What about bears ??

jaydenn
Best practice in Ontario is a "bear hang".
Put you food in a dry bag, attach a cord, throw the cord over a high branch, and pull you food into the trees.

But realistically, you're protecting the food from raccoons, not bears. It's unlikely(but not impossible) that you will encounter a bear.